While you may not be able to tear down walls or add new countertops in your rental, you actually have a lot of options for decorating your home. As long as you have bit of creativity and a vision for your space, you can achieve a look that works for you. Here are just a few decorating tips that every renter should know.
- Add storage. To avoid clutter, add your own storage by using affordable bookshelves, dressers and shelving units.
- Change the hardware. In a rental, anything that you can change back to the way it was before when you move out is fair game for changing. That means that you can add fun drawer pulls, bathroom hardware, and removable wallpaper.
- Freshen up the window coverings. Dress your windows in breezy curtains, bamboo blinds, or privacy-enhancing drapes.
- Hang art. One of the fastest and easiest ways to really add personality to a space is by hanging framed artwork on the walls. Just make sure to use temporary adhesives if your landlord doesn’t permit nails in the wall.
- Add rugs. Colorful rugs brighten up any room in the home, and they feel soft underfoot!
The 10 Commandments of Rental Decor [The Everygirl]
11 Decor Ideas That Will Change Your Rental Apartment [HuffPost Home]
5 Easy + Affordable Decorating Tips for Renters [Design Happens]